Thursday 14 May 2015

BABY CAT

"Baby Cat" Oil on Canvas cm 20x25


Once in a while I like to go back to my favourite subject: cats!
Most of my paintings when I first started learning how to paint were of cats and painting cat portraits was my main obsession at that time...
There is just one thing I like more than cats. Guess what it is? Kittens!
So today I took out a photograph I was given a few months ago. It was among other photos for me to choose from to paint a portrait of this gorgeous cat. His name is Thor, and he lives in Rome. The commissioners had asked me to make the portrait from an "adult" picture, but told me I could keep them all and use them for other paintings if I wanted to. In the one I used today he must have been only a few weeks old!
You can contact me at if you are interested on information about cat or kitten portraits!

No comments:

Post a Comment