Wednesday 6 May 2015

SPRING INSPIRATION

"Scents of the Mediterranean" Oil on Canvas cm35x25

"Colourful Shady Spot" Oil on Canvas cm 35x25
At this time of the year it can be hard to decide what to paint, as everywhere you look you see lush vegetation and flowers blooming, and wonderful perfumes fill the air.
Here are two of my latest studies, painted around the village where I live.  In both cases I had to work very quickly as the weather was very changeable. While I was painting the first study the sun kept hiding behind the clouds and then coming out all of a sudden, and the second time it actually started raining, so I had to finish the painting at home. But it was fun!
I think I might use both studies as reference for larger paintings, perhaps re-arranging a few details!

No comments:

Post a Comment